Victoria, BC V9A 0A9 250-475-1522
Certifications: Acupuncture, Advanced Injection Therapies / IVs, Prescriptive Authority
- Clinical interest and focus on Neurological and Mental Health for over 20 years.
- Holds Prescriptive Authority
- Passionate about providing care for folks with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Is an exercise enthusiast and mother of 2 great kids.
Dr. Hutchison’s practice is busy, and she focuses her intake of new patients on adults and children who primarily have concerns that fall into one of the following three categories:
- Neurological Concerns: MS, Parkinson’s Disease, Traumatic Brain injury, Post-Concussion syndrome, and other neurological conditions.
- Mental Health Concerns: Depression, PMDD, PDD, Panic disorder, Anxiety, OCD, Dissociation, Bipolar Disorder.
- Complex Chronic Disorders: Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue.
(Please note: Patients referred in by their MDs, Psychiatrists, Neurologists, Clinical Counsellors , or who are family members of current patients are always accepted into her practice)
Currently, new patient visits are booking about 10-12 weeks in advance. We have opened up online booking for Dr Pam at this time to assist patients in making appointments during the COVID19 pandemic.
Pamela has operated a thriving naturopathic practice in Victoria since 2001. She is the Owner and CEO of Acacia Health Ltd. and is thrilled to be working with the skilled professionals in Acacia’s team.
Pamela focuses her practice on supporting people with mental and emotional health concerns, and neurological disorders. She frequently works with adults and children with health concerns such as: depression, post-partum depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar mood disorders, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, ADD/ADHD, Tourette’s syndrome, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and Parkinson’s disease. For over 20 years, her practice has been focused in these areas.
Dr. Hutchison completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Guelph with a focus on human biology, nutrition, and pharmacology. Pamela graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in 2000, where she completed 4 years of training in general medical science (anatomy, histology, pathology, pharmacology, etc.) and naturopathic treatments (nutrition, botanical medicine, acupuncture, etc.). As part of a year-long clinical internship, she spent eight months working at a community clinic serving mainly low-income populations such as recent refugees and people with mental health concerns. She also volunteered for the Toronto Crisis Line, doing suicide prevention work through her 4th year.
Dr. Hutchison regularly upgrades her skills and knowledge base and has completed extra training in the following areas:
- Parkinson’s Disease training with Dr Laurie Mischley ND (2018 PD school training, 2019 PD school support)
- World Parkinson Congress (2019, Kyoto; 2016, Portland)
- Clinical Training in Mind Body Medicine at the Harvard School of Medicine.
- Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Pharmaceutical prescribing though Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine and UBC’s School of Pharmacy
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation, NYU Neuromodulation Conference
- Advanced training in Nutritional Management of Psychiatric disorders
- Advanced training in the use of Amino Acids for Mental health care.
- Prescribing and monitoring of Low-Dose Naltrexone Therapy
- Low dose lithium prescribing.
She is licensed to practice Acupuncture and IV Therapy by the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia.
Pamela is a member of the International Parkinson and Movement Disorders Society, CNPBC, BCNA, and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors. She holds regular talks and workshops with PwP, and the MS Society. She is available to present to other patient groups within her focus areas.
When she is not at work, Dr Pam is a recreational exercise enthusiast and an engaged community member who takes part in many local causes (especially if there is a bike ride or a run involved!). You can find her swimming in open water, cycling along gorgeous country roads, and running anywhere her legs can take her. She is a wife and a mother of two children who inspire her to make this world a better place.